Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Crash & black screen (Graphics problem?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Crash & black screen (Graphics problem?)

Quote Originally Posted by Theo148 View Post
    The problem mentioned here is a bug in Xorg's 'intel' driver. It can be worked around by using xorg.conf to force the use of the older 'i810' driver, which does not have the bug but may have some other minor issues. There is a post with instructions on reverting to the i810 driver here.

Hope that helped.
    If this solves my problems I will blow my wad...I've been dealing with this for months and kept reading it was a driver issue, but was never quite sure how to switch the driver with the new xorg.conf setup. I kick myself now that it was that easy.

Thank you Ubuntu Community!!
    (Also I have converted a Vista lover to our cause, he loves Ubuntu )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have had this frustrating problem with Hardy Heron as well. I have a Dell Inspiron 700m, and the same crappy integrated video that all 700m's have - not sure if that's the problem or not - When I try shutting down, Hardy will get ALMOST there, but it never actually seems to turn all the way off. I can hear a fan going and the power light is still on. I have to hold the power button down for 5 secs to turn off, and that's bad for my HD! SO, anyone solved this? Any help would be very... helpful! thanks
    -mt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ok, nvm, i will try the above.
    THANKYOU

Beans

I can report my Inspiron 700m now works just great with Intrepid Ibex - suspend, hibernate etc. all appear to work. It even powers off correctly before the battery is dead which it never did with Hardy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I have Inspiron 700m and I'm having lots of difficulties with Hardy. Although I was planning not to do dist-upgrade every six months, I think I have to, so that all of problems vanish (hopefully) with new Ibex.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910