Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hardy not working on Aspire 3050

Beans

Re: Hardy not working on Aspire 3050

Sorry for bringing this old thread back back up, but re my post above regarding the "all_generic_ide floppy=off irqpoll" work around to get Ubuntu installed on my laptop.

Basically, now Ubuntu is installed and been happily running for a good few months, I was wondering if I can speed up the boot time now, as adding that fix above really slows the boot time up quite considerably. (2mins +, of which is mostly taken up with that fix, once the Ubuntu splash screen starts, it's boots in a sensible time.)

Do I still need this line added now, or would it be safe to remove it?

If it's safe to delete it, and still get it booting up properly, how and what do I need to do?

Or, should I just accept this "bug" as it seems to not like my laptop's BIOS, and live with the boot time?

Hope this makes sense!

Regards, ITS.

Beans

Bump. (Sorry)

Beans

I have the same laptop and had the same issue, but I almost solve all the problems. your trouble is the bios, just flash the bios to ver. 1.3302 and then you be fine.Find the bios from the acer website. I just downgrade the bios to that version and I don't have any trouble. after the installation, run update and upgrade, then just enable the restricted devices and restart the laptop, then you will not have any issue with the vga and wireless. except the sound.

Beans

Ok, thanks for that.

I've put that BIOS on, but now how do I edit out that line of code I had inserted originally, because it's still there so it's still taking an age to boot up.

Surely I wouldn't have re-install the O/S again?

Beans

Bump, bump. (Sorry)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123