Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with wired Belkin F5D5000 / Realtek RTL8139 card

Beans

Re: Problems with wired Belkin F5D5000 / Realtek RTL8139 card

Okay, so I got build-essentials from the Installation CD, thanks. I still can't get it to compile, though, the makefile seems to be pointing to the wrong directory.

Coped the files to a newly created /usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15/src/ (like it says in the readme), as well as the one that was already there for my version of the kernel, and still couldn't find the file /src/Makefile_linux26x. Drivers attached, I think something needs to be edited in them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I really don't think a new driver is the answer. Before we try that, let's try a couple of other things. I saw this post, that includes the all-important word SOLVED: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=46583

First, I suggest you blacklist the 8139cp module. sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and add a line:
    Code:
    blacklist 8139cp
    Proofread, save, close and reboot. Does your ethernet work now?

If not, try the next fix. sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst and amend the very first line that includes boot/vmlinuz to add the following:
    Code:
    pnpbios=off pnpacpi=off
    For example, in my case, the line would be amended to read:
    Code:
    /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-19-generic root=UUID=4b70eff7-c255-4e38-9af6-1a9d9af90fe3 ro pnpbios=off pnpacpi=offquiet splash
    Proofread, save, close and reboot. Does your ethernet now work?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

What do you know, the second fix worked! ^^ Thanks a lot, mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12